- 2 s unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 to 8 tablespoons cream of coconut, to taste
- 1 sugar (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder*
- 1/2 water
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 5 large egg whites (5 fluid ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- 1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
In mixing bowl beat butter until smooth and set aside. In another mixing bowl beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form when beater is raised. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form when beater is raised slowly. In small saucepan heat remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water until thermometer registers 248°. Slowly beat syrup into egg white mixture. When mixture is cool, beat in butter at medium speed, 1 tablespoon at a time. Lower speed and add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder, l tablespoon pineapple juice, cream of coconut and lime juice to taste.
Bedford County Fair
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!