Submitted by: Marie Zollner of Madison, Ohio
Ingredients fpr Cake:
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup softened shortening or butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. Put shortening, sugar, vanilla and eggs into bowl and mix until smooth.
- Gradually add half of the flour mixture and half of the sour cream; process until smooth. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and sour cream.
- Grease Angel Food Cake pan – do not flour. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Top with half of the topping mixture, spreading as evenly as possible. Repeat with remaining batter and topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!