Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
Makes 12 sandwiches
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 2 14-ounces ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet mat.
- In bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, creaming well in between each egg addition.
- Add vanilla and blend. In separate bowl, sift flour, espresso powder, cocoa, baking soda and kosher salt.
- Mix in half of flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix.
- Add remaining half and mix.
- Mix in chocolate chunks.
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and move to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, remove ice cream from freezer and let sit at room temperature for 3-5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Set ice cream container on its side.
- With sharp, serrated knife, cut through ice cream container into 1/2 to 3/4 inch rounds.
- Working quickly, remove wrapper and place slice of ice cream on bottom side of cookie, then top with another cookie.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag and freeze for later.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes