- 4 1/2 cups fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- Note: Using fresh corn? Shuck and clean 6 to 8 ears of fresh corn. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the water. When cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cob.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for one minute.
- Stir in the sour cream and salt until blended. Remove from the heat. Add the corn and half of the bacon.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared 3-quart casserole. Top with the remaining bacon.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!