- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2 percent milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, sauté celery in butter 5 minutes.
- Add onions; sauté 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds.
- In the same skillet, sauté hot dogs 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables.
- Set aside 1 cup. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sage and pepper.
- Add remaining hot dog mixture.
- Stir in corn bread mixes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Spread into a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!