- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 10 hot dogs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour and egg.
- Stir in milk to make a thick batter; let stand 4 minutes.
- Insert sticks into hot dogs; dip in batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to (375°).
- Fry corn dogs, a few at a time, about 8-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Drain on paper towels.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!