- 2 pounds fish fillets (Atlantic Cod)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (fat-free or low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh, minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup corn flakes (crumbled or regular bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon (fresh, cut in wedges)
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Clean and rinse fish.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with crumbs and place on plate.
- Let fillets sit briefly in milk.
- Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs.
- Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
- Serve with fresh lemon.
Serving size, 1 piece. Total Calories, 150. Total Fat, 3.5 g.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!