- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- gel food colors, as desired
- candy sprinkles, as desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, cream cheese and 1/2 cup softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until fluffy; scrape side of bowl. Beat in egg just until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. On low speed, beat flour mixture into sugar mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into 60 (1-inch) balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter, 2 to 4 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with spoon until smooth and fluffy. If frosting is too stiff to spread, add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Tint with food color.
- Using knife, spread slightly less than 1 teaspoon frosting on each cooled cookie; top with sprinkles.
- Store covered in airtight container at room temperature.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!