- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dark chocolate baking cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup rich and creamy vanilla frosting
- ½ cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, butter, and water in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, cool completely.
- rost brownies with frosting, sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making cereal mixture.
- Measure cereal into a bowl; set aside, In a 1 quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal, stirring until coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting.