- 1/2 cup milk, non-fat (or buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup cornflakes, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper (dried crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 8 chicken pieces, skinless (4 breasts and 4 drumsticks)
- paprika (a few shakes of)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to grease baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away form the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts. Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.” (Do not turn chicken during baking.)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!