Submitted by: Keturah R. Raber of Pleasureville, KY
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks seperated and beaten
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups milk, scalded (thin layer on top)
- 1 – 9” pie shell, unbaked
- Mix all ingredients except pie shell in order given, folding the beaten, stiff egg whites last.
- Pour in to unbaked pie shell and bake at 450° for 5 minutes, then at 350° for 40 minutes or until done (firm).