Submitted by: Jennifer Miller of Sugarcreek, OH
Yield: 5 dozen 1 1/2-inch balls
- l ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- I cup ground flax seed
- I cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- l Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups coconut flakes, toasted
- 3 cups quick oats
- l ½ cups add- ins: mini chocolate chips, M&M’s, raisins or a mixture of white chocolate chips and craisins
- To toast coconut, preheat the oven to 300 F. Spread coconut on a large baking sheet and toast for 15-20 minutes, until coconut is golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix peanut butter, honey and vanilla until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and your choice of add-ins. Stir by hand until well combined.
- Measure by packing into a cookie scoop, and then roll firmly to form a ball. Store covered at room temperature. May be refrigerated or frozen if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!