- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine oil, lime juice and cilantro.
- Add tomatoes, corn and jalapeno to taste.
- Mix well until corn mixture is well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Tip: In place of the corn kernels, you can used canned corn, drained; frozen corn, thawed; or corn from the cob, cooked on the stove top.
- For a smoky flavor, use corn grilled on the barbecue grill.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!