Submitted by: Rosalie Parker, Week Four’s Reader’s Kitchen 2016 Winner
- 1 lb. fish fillets, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- dash of paprika
- 2 (10 oz.) cans of chicken broth, undiluted
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup grated processed cheese (Velveeta)
- Thaw frozen fish fillets enough to allow cutting about 30 minutes. Cut fish into 1 inch cubes.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook until onion is transparent.
- Blend in flour, salt, and paprika. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add fish; simmer until fish flakes easily, 5 minutes for fresh, 10 minutes for frozen.
- Add cheese; stir until melted. Serve hot.
NOTE: This soup is my son Brad’s favorite!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!