Submitted by: Rosalie Parker, Week Four’s Reader’s Kitchen 2016 Winner
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. dry yeast (1 Tbsp.)
- 2 1/2 cups flour (about)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. salad oil
- Mix together the baking soda, sugar, salt, yeast and 1 cup of the flour.
- Heat buttermilk and salad oil until just below boiling or until small bubbles gather around the edge of the pan. Let milk mixture cool slightly.
- Add milk to the flour mixture and beat well. Stir in the rest of the flour, and knead dough until it is smooth and elastic, using more flour if needed.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness and with a biscuit cutter, cut into rounds.
- This recipe will fill two 8 inch round pans with rolls. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.