- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cake mix.
- In large bowl, cut butter into remaining cake mix, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly.
- In bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch pan, pat 2 cups of the mixture. Reserve remaining crumbly mixture for topping. Bake 13 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat reserved 2 tablespoons cake mix, the sugar and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Stir in rhubarb. Pour over partially baked crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture over top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes longer or until golden brown and center is set. Cool slightly before serving. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream. Store covered in refrigerator.