- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Combine the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Set aside for one hour.
- Drain; reserve liquid and strawberries separately.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Set aside.
- Mix the eggs, butter, vanilla, remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and liquid from strawberries in a medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in reserved strawberries.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin pans.
- Bake for approximately twenty minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar or with Sweet Strawberry Butter.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!