Submitted by: Donna Pizzoferrato of Richmond, Ohio
- 1-2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 cups Romano cheese
- 2 lbs Ricotta cheese
- 1 10 oz package fresh or frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 3-4 carrots, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 box lasagna noodles
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- While noodles are boiling mix ricotta, eggs, parsley, and some salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pot, add cheese and slowly add cream.
- Stir continuously over medium heat until smooth.
- Keep warm.
- In a buttered 9x 13″ pan, dab sauce, put a layer of noodles, spread some ricotta mix over noodles.
- Sprinkle some spinach, carrots, Romano, Parmesan, and Mozarella cheeses.
- Repeat 2 more times, having the top layer be noodles.
- Top with sauce, Romano, Parmesan, and Mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 – 15 minutes before serving.