French Toast Strata
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep time:4 hours 15 minutes
Cooking time:45 minutes
Total time:5 hours
- 4 slices of day-old bread cut into 3/4 inch
- 1/3 golden raisins
- 3 oz. cream cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray 11×7 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in even layer in prepared dish; sprinkle raisins and cream cheese evenly over bread.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add milk, 1/2 cup pancake syrup and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over strata.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until puffed, golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with additional pancake syrup, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!