- 3 plump cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 large firm but ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, red pepper flakes and parsley. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper and add to the hot oil, cooking for one minute.
- Carefully turn them over, sprinkle with the garlic mixture and cook for another minute.
- Turn the slices one more time and cook for another 10 seconds before removing to a serving plate. (The tomatoes should be soft but not to the point of mushy.) Pour the pan juices over the tomatoes and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!