- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- Cream together the margarine and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Blend in the vanilla. Mix in the flour. Chill the dough.
- To make the Filling: Mix together the chopped raisins, chopped walnuts, and cinnamon. If you have a food processor, place the whole walnuts and raisins into the bowl, sprinkle with the cinnamon, and chop them together by processing in short pulses.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a 10 – 12 inch circle 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured board or between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Spread a light layer of preserves (approximately 2 tablespoons) onto each dough circle. Sprinkle each circle with approximately 1/4 cup of the chopped nut-raisin-cinnamon mixture.
- Cut each circle into 16 wedges using a pastry cutter or a pizza cutter. Roll each wedge from base to point. Place point down on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes at 375 degrees F (or until golden). Remove to racks to cool.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!