- 1-1/4 cups sliced almonds, divided
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- HEAT oven to 325ºF.
- RESERVE 40 nuts for later use; process remaining nuts in food processor until finely ground.
- Beat next 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour. Stir in ground nuts. (Dough will be stiff.)
- ROLL dough into 40 (3-inch) “fingers,” using 1 Tbsp. dough for each.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
- Press 1 reserved nut into end of each dough finger for the fingernail.
- Use sharp knife to make 3 crosswise slits in top of each finger for the knuckles.
- BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until lightly browned.
- Cool 3 min. on baking sheet; carefully transfer to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!