- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and halved (divided use)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Freshly squeezed juice from one lemon
- 1 cup plain yogurt (any variety)
- Whole milk, to thin
- Combine half of the berries with the sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves and the berries have released some of their juice, for about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor along with the remaining berries, lemon juice and yogurt. Process to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish. Place in the freezer. Stir every 30 minutes. The mixture will freeze solid in about 3 hours. When ready to serve, transfer the mixture to the blender or food processor and pulse for 5 second intervals, adding a little milk if necessary until the mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!