Submitted by Farm and Dairy reader; Sheri Mandich
- 3 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1/2 lb. shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp. butter (not oleo), room temp.
- 4 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup drained, crushed pineapple
- 1 10oz. can Maraschino cherries
- 1-2 bags milk or dark chocolate discs or chips for melting
- Drain cherries and set juice aside. Pat cherries dry with paper towel and cut into quarters.
- Drain pineapple and throw juice away; pat dry.
- Mix butter, sugar, nuts, coconut, cherries and pineapple in large pan by hand.
- Gradually add cherry juice. Add slowly and mix so not to get too soft. When everything comes together nicely and you can shape into desired egg shapes. You will be done with the juice.
- Form into egg shapes with hands and place on lined cookie sheets and put in refrigerator to set, at least 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Take eggs from refrigerator, one at a time so they do not get warm, and dip into the chocolate.