- 2 lbs. dates, chopped
- 1/2 lb. candied pineapple, diced
- 1 lb. or 4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 s flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 lb. candied cherries, (red and green) chopped
- 1/2 lb. or 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons rum or brandy or 2 to 4 tablespoons rum extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 s brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soda
Dredge fruit and nuts in 1 cup flour. Cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, sifted together with soda and cinnamon. Add vanilla. Combine with fruit mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake in slow oven at 325° to 350° 15 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!