- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream (warmed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- salt and pepper
- Add potatoes to large pot of cold water. Bring to boil and cook until fork slides out easily, with no resistance, about 20 to 30 minutes, depending size of potatoes. Drain into colander.
- Add butter and cream cheese to bottom of very large bowl. Rice or mill potatoes into bowl.
- Add half of cream and use electric mixer to whip potatoes. Add garlic, parsley, chives, cream of tartar, salt and pepper. Add more cream if needed. Check for seasonings.
- Transfer to buttered 9×13-inch casserole dish and smooth top. If making in advance, remove from fridge at least 1 hour before baking. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through. Broil 1-2 minutes to brown top before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!