- 1 1/4 c Sugar
- 1/8 ts Salt
- 1/3 c Flour
- 2 c Fresh strawberries
- 2 c Fresh rhubarb, cut in 1″ pieces
- 2 T Butter or margarine
- 1 T Sugar
- 1 Pastry for 2-crust pie
- Combine 1 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and flour.
- Arrange half the strawberries and rhubarb in a pastry-lined 9 inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle with half the sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining fruit and sugar mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Install top crust and flute edges to make high-standing rim.
- Brush top of pie with cold water and sprinkle on 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cut steam vents in top crust.
- Bake in hot oven (425 F) 40 to 50 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and crust is browned.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!