Submitted by Farm and Dairy Editor, Susan Crowell
- 2 cups dates, cut fine
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tsp. soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- Pour boiling water over dates and let stand to cool.
- Mix with dates the rest of the ingredients.
- Place in a greased 9×13 cake pan and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes.
- When cool, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix with 2 packages Dream Whip or whipped cream. Makes a large amount.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!