Grilled French Onion
- 1 sweet onion, large
- 1 beef bouillon cube (or 2 tablespoons of Steak Sauce)
- Butter (or Olive Oil)
- Peel the onion leaving the root end undisturbed.
- Option 1: Cut a 1-inch deep hole into the top center of the onion (think of coring an apple). Make two slices crosswise almost completely through to the root end. Place bouillon cube in the hole and a pat of butter between each crosscut.
- Option 2: Cut onion into 6 to 8 wedges, leaving root end. Slowly open up the onion, pulling the wedges apart. Set on foil and drizzle with olive oil and steak sauce. Spring with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in aluminum foil tightly. Put on grill over campfire for 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is tender. Serve individual onions in foil.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!