Grilled Pork Fajitas
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into strips 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas, about 8 inches in diameter, warmed in the microwave
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced (about 3 cups)
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup salsa
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler to medium-high or 400°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, oregano, paprika, coriander and garlic powder. Dredge the pork pieces in the seasonings, coating completely.
- Place the pork strips and onions in a cast-iron pan or grill basket. Grill or broil at medium-high heat, turning several times, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, spread an equal amount of pork strips and onions on each tortilla. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese, 2 tablespoons tomatoes, 1/2 cup shredded lettuce and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold sides of tortilla over the filling, then roll to close.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!