- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 6-ounce package Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, stir in onion, garlic and jalapeño. Cook until softened and just beginning to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Stir in Canadian bacon and pineapple chunks. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayo and 1 cup of the shredded cheese until evenly combined. Add in crispy bacon, salt, pepper and cooked veggie mixture and stir until well combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese and bake until golden brown on top and bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables for dipping.