Honey-Glazed Root Vegetables
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 ounces Black Pepper cheese, finely shredded (1 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced fresh thyme
- Additional shaved Black Pepper cheese
- Combine the vegetables, water, honey and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to a glaze and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Removed from the heat. Stir in Black Pepper cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with thyme and shaved Black Pepper cheese.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!