Honey Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 4 tsp. salt, divided
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, washed, stems removed
- 2 lemons, zest and juice of
- ½ cup grated parmesan, plus extra for serving
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and honey and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast for approximately 10 minutes, until the tomatoes soften and begin to caramelize.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil with 3 teaspoons of salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for approximately 10 minutes to al dente.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and quickly toss with the garlic.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Immediately toss the pasta with the rest of the olive oil, kale, lemon juice and zest. Next, add the tomato mixture and the parmesan. Add some of the pasta water as needed to coat the pasta and create a light sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with the walnuts and additional parmesan.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!