- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 2 percent milk
- 5 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- In a greased 2 1/2-quart baking dish, layer with a third of the potatoes, half of the hot dogs and half of the onion.
- Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes.
- Pour white sauce over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!