- 1 1/2 Cups very thinly sliced spinach
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1-15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/2 Cup prepared salsa
- 8-6 inch corn tortillas
- Canola cooking spray
- 3/4 Cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- Combine spinach, scallion, cilantro, 1 teaspoon oil, lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine beans and salsa in another bowl.
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortillas on a large baking sheet in 4 sets overlapping pairs. (Each pair should overlap by about 3 inches). Spread about 1/3 Cup of bean mixture on top of each pair of tortillas and sprinkle with 3 Tablespoons cheese.
- Bake until beans are hot and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack each egg into skillet being careful not to break the yolks. Season the eggs with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook undisturbed for 5-7 minutes for soft-set yolks. (Top of yolks should have a white appearance. For hard-set yolks, continue cooking until the yolks are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes more).
- To assemble, place an egg on top of each pair of tortillas and top with a generous 1/4 Cup of the spinach mixture.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!