- 2 tablespoons green, yellow, and red peppers, diced
- 6 multigrain flatbread
- 1 pound Frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/16 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4-1/2 ounces skim milk
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 ounces light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 9 ounces fully cooked chicken, diced
- To prepare alfredo sauce thaw spinach and press out residual water.
- Heat butter to hot, but not boiling; whisk in flour, stirring until smooth.
- Slowly add milk and stir until thickened.
- Add nutmeg and pepper.
- Fold in spinach and cheese.
- Add peppers to pan and steam for 3 minutes.
- For each flatbread, add 1 tablespoon of alfredo sauce mixture, 1.5 oz. chicken, and top with 1 tablespoon of peppers.
- Sprinkle 1 oz. mozzarella cheese on top of the flatbread.
- Place in oven at 350° for about 5 minutes to crisp the flat bread and melt cheese.
- Serve on sheet pan.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!