Jack O’ Lantern Chips And Dip
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove scallion clove, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 oz mild green chilis, 1 can, with juice
- Pumpkin Serving Dish
- 1 pumpkin, whole
- For the guacamole: Mash avocados with the lime juice. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- For the queso: In a pot over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. butter and sauté scallions. Add cheese, milk and cornstarch, and mix until melted and smooth. Add green chiles and mix until combined.
- Serving: Draw eyes and carve an open mouth on a small pumpkin. Hollow out the inside and insert a bowl. Pour queso in the bowl and top with chopped tomatoes. Spoon guacamole coming out of the pumpkin’s mouth. Serve with chips!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!