- 2 1/2 lbs. pork baby back ribs, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Dash salt
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Rub ribs with Cajun seasoning. Layer ribs and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, orange juice, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, mustard, paprika, garlic powder, Liquid Smoke if desired and salt. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove ribs and keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; transfer to saucepan.. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ribs. Serves 4.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!