- 3 lbs. (3 quarts) sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon (1 1/2 teaspoons) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 olive oil
- 1 lb. (1 1/2 cups) thinly sliced green onion
- 6 ozs. (1 1/2 cups) toasted slivered almonds
- mixed baby lettuces for garnish
Blanche sugar snap peas in salted, boiling water for 45 seconds from the moment peas are added. Do not overcook even briefly or peas will become too soft. Drain and immediately plunge into ice water for several minutes to cool. Do not soak. Drain thoroughly, set aside. Whisk together lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper (if used). Whisk in oil. Toss peas and green onions with dressing; arrange on serving platter, garnish with lettuces (and lemon slices, if desired). Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!