Submitted by Kristie Klippenstein of Columbiana, Ohio
- 2 medium acorn squash
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. raisins, optional
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Cut squash into 1-inch rings and remove seeds.
- Place squash in a greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over quash.
- Cover and bake 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!