- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion or 20 pearl onions, peeled
- 5 cups coarsely chopped or sliced veggies of your choice; turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrot, potato, yams, beets and/or golden beets.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss veggies and onions with the olive oil, salt and pepper on a baking pan.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes, then remove and re-toss on baking sheet. Cook 15 minutes more. Toss again. Cook another 15 min.
- Combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard and garlic powder in a small bowl. Drizzle the maple mixture over potatoes and veggies and mix to coat well.
- Cook again until veggies (beets and potatoes will take the longest) are soft and glaze starts to caramelize and brown a bit.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!