- 1/2 cup of butter softened (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup pure Vermont maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter, preferably natural chunky peanut butter
- 1-3/4 cups flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using mixer, combine butter and syrup until well-mixed and creamy. Add vanilla extract, egg, and peanut butter and beat until well-mixed and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture in several additions, mixing well before adding more.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into a ball and place on an ungreased baking sheet. At this point, if you prefer peanut butter cookies with the a crosshatch pattern, press cookies with a fork to create crosshatch.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool on the sheet for several minutes before transferring to a rack to completely cool.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!