- 1- 4 pound chicken
- 2 lemons, one quartered and one for juicing
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel one of the lemons, removing long, thick strips of zest. Reserve the zest and juice the lemon into a bowl.
- Combine the maple syrup and olive oil into the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Rub the chicken all over with the lemon zest and the garlic.
- Place the quartered lemon, onion, garlic, and lemon zest in the cavity of the chicken.
- Brush with lemon juice-maple mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken in roasting pan and place in oven.
- After 30 minutes, brush more of the lemon-maple mixture over the chicken and again after another 30 minutes.
- Continue roasting for an additional 20 minutes or until the juices run clear when cut between the thigh and the body. Let rest for ten minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!