- 2 pounds meat loaf mix (beef, pork, and veal)
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 12-oz container French onion dip
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 oz. Cheddar or extra-sharp Cheddar, shredded (1 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
Combine first 7 ingredients and mix until just blended. Press 2/3 of mixture into a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan. Make a small indentation in center, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Fill indentation with 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mound remaining meat mixture on top, pressing down to compact. Even off top of meat loaf. Bake in preheated 350° oven for 70 minutes. Brush top with ketchup and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return to oven for 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and let meat loaf stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Pour off and discard drippings. Sprinkle loaf with optional parsley. Loosen meat loaf from pan and cut into slices. Serve immediately. Serves 8
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!