- 1 cup Quinoa, dry
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh red bell peppers, seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh red onions, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 cup Black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until water runs clear, not cloudy. Combine quinoa and chicken broth in a small pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer until broth is completely absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. When done, quinoa will be soft and a white ring will pop out of the kernel. The white ring will appear only when it is fully cooked. Fluff with a fork. A rice cooker may be used with the same quantity of quinoa and water. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt, and ground pepper to make dressing.
- Combine red peppers, green onions, red onions, tomatoes, and olives in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add dressing to vegetable mixture. Mix in cooled quinoa. Fold in feta cheese and parsley. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Serve chilled.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!