- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 package (9 oz) frozen cooked southwestern-seasoned chicken strips, thawed, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 can (3.8 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1 bag (18 oz) tortilla chips
- Line 9-inch pie pan with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to extend over edge of pan.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until well blended.
- Stir in lime peel.
- Spread mixture in pie pan.
- Sprinkle chicken and olives over cream cheese mixture.
- In small bowl, stir refried beans to soften.
- Spread beans over chicken mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 6 hours.
- To serve, unmold dip onto 10-inch flat serving platter; remove plastic wrap.
- Top dip with salsa, tomato, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Vary this dip as you like — use Monterey Jack cheese instead of Cheddar, sliced green onions instead of olives or diced avocado instead of tomato.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!