- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cooked black bean vegetable burger, roughly crumbled
- 1/2 cooked spinach
- 1/4 fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 tablespoons mild fresh salsa
- 1 avocado, small dice
- 2 green onions, slivered
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro picked into sprigs
Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Heat oil in small, non-stick, oven-proof skillet over Medium-High heat. Pour eggs into pan all at once. Stir vigorously while shaking pan until barely set. Reduce heat to low. Add crumbled burger, spinach, corn and cheese top of egg mixture.
Place pan in preheated oven 2-3 minutes until eggs set and cheese melts. Remove frittata from oven and transfer to clean cutting board. Cut frittata into three pieces. Dot top of each piece with salsa, diced avocado and slivered green onions. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve at once.
– Developed for Fruits & Veggies – More Matters by The Culinary Institute of America
This frittata is easy and packed with flavor. Feel free to experiment with different combinations of vegetables.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!