- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 2 cups pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 English muffins, split, toasted
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta sauce, onion, bell pepper, Italian seasoning and salt; continue cooking 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Top each muffin half evenly with beef mixture and cheeses.
- Bake at 400°F 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!