- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Greek or regular nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Small whole wheat flour tortillas (6 to 7-inch diameter), warmed (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Remove drippings.
- Stir in 1/4 cup water and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion, remaining 1/4 cup water and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning in same skillet.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove lid; stir in oil; continue cooking, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown, stirring frequently.
- Return beef mixture to skillet; continue to cook 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and hot sauce, as desired, in small bowl.
- Evenly divide beef mixture into tortillas, if desired.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with yogurt mixture, as desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!