- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter in bowl of electric stand mixer.
- Attach flat beater to mixer.
- Turn to medium and beat about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup flour.
- Turn to low and mix about 1 minute, or until well blended.
- Form mixture into ball.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill 1 hour.
- Clean mixer bowl and beater.
- Divide chilled dough into 24 pieces.
- Press each piece into miniature muffin cup (greased, if desired).
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions.
- Cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Place egg, remaining 1 teaspoon flour, and thyme in mixer bowl.
- Turn to medium-high and beat about 30 seconds.
- Stir in cheese and cooled mushroom mixture. Spoon into pastry-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until egg mixture is puffed and golden brown
Makes 24 tartlets
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!